With the expansion of EV chargers along highways, urban areas, and rural roads worldwide, companies behind this industry are stumbling upon locations where wired connections are not yet available.
As seen in previous use cases (such as remote construction sites, wind farms, and solar plants, to name a few), the flexibility, ease of installation, and high-speeds of wireless connectivity bring a strong case when needing to connect a distributed network of charging stations. That, coupled with the evolution of LTE and 5G's expanding footprint, opens even more opportunities to provide a better experience for consumers while enabling new sources of revenue for EV providers.
Below, are some of the benefits we’ve seen in our journey of powering charging stations for different customers in Europe and the Asia Pacific:
- Significantly reduces installation costs and delivery times when there’s no need to dig up roads or lay cables
- Transforms a basic charging spot into a small business, whether it’s for retail, a café, or a restaurant, offering reliable connectivity (with failover backup) for your staff and their business applications
- Adds complimentary high-speed WIFI access for customers waiting for their cars to charge, offering a differential value to your business and a positive experience for end-users, such as business travelers on the road
- High-speed connectivity can also power existing and new IoT integrations, such as digital signage, CCV cameras, remote management of equipment, etc.
- And of course, when working with Blue Wireless, being able to rely on one single provider that helps you procure, deploy, and centrally manage your entire network, as well as advice and provide additional equipment to ensure optimal performance (i.e. long-range antennas for remote locations)
The world is going wireless
Our experience shows EV chargers are only another excellent use case for LTE/5G connectivity. And with the world increasingly turning wireless, the opportunities are becoming endless – whether it’s in a metropolitan area, a rural location, or at sea.
If you’d like to learn more about Blue Wireless and how we can help your business with flexible, reliable LTE/5G connectivity, feel free to reach out. Our experts will be more than happy to have a chat.